** This recipe for Egg Roll Pancakes can be used fro Egg Roll or Spring Roll Wrappers as well. use a little cornstarch and water mixed to make your “glue” to hold them together.
Layer this these to make a torte, roll them with your favorite filling or eat them as a regular pancake with your favorite topping.
The batter for these egg roll pancakes is a bit smoother and less lumpy than that of regular pancakes. These can be made ahead of time and saved for all of your favorite egg roll recipes recipes or used with other variations.
1 cup all purpose flour
2 cups water
1/2 tsp. salt
1. Place flour in a mixing bowl and add water gradually to make a thin, smooth batter.
2. Beat eggs and salt into batter. If the batter is too dry, then you need to add a few more tablespoons of water so as to make a thin, smooth batter.
Let the batter rest for 1 hour.
3. Heat a 6″ frying pan on medium-low heat. Wipe a small amount of oil over the pan, removing any excess but making sure the pan is evenly covered.
Place the frying pan back over a low heat.
4. Beat your batter again and pour 1-2 tbsp. into skillet. Spread the batter over the surface to form a very thin, flexible pancake. When it shrinks away from the sides, turn and allow to set on other side. Do not let it brown or crisp!
5. Use a spatula to remove the wrapper from the pan as soon as the bottom is cooked and the edges begin to curl slightly (less than one minute).
6. Drain the pancake on paper towels. Continue with the rest of the batter, cleaning out the pan as needed. Cover prepared pancakes with a damp cloth until ready to use. Cool until ready to use.
7. You can add the filling of your choice.
Storage Note: You can refrigerate or freeze the egg roll pancakes until you are ready to use them. Thaw before using.
Time to prepare: